Everything You Need To Know About Traffic Management Implementation Course
If you are interested in working near roads in Australia, then you require a traffic management course certificate. But, why do you need to undergo special training for the same? Apart from promoting roadside safety, learning this course will ensure you are equipped and prepared for all types of situations.
What You Will Learn in This Course?
RIIWHS302E – Implement Traffic Management Plan will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to interpret and implement traffic management plans. Learners will also understand how to install or remove signs/devices based on traffic guidance schemes for road work. By doing so, you will gain knowledge about maintaining traffic flow and the safety of the public as well as workers. The primary goal of this course is to teach you about safety in the roadside workplace. You will also be able to identify hazards, assess and control risks, and determine roadside measures.
Apart from understanding the safety measures, the course will also cover:
- How to properly set up the workplace,
- How to put up the proper signage
- How to clean up and close down the workplace upon project completion
Implement Traffic Management course in Brisbane is divided into two parts:
- The course will have one session each of eight hours. In these sessions, the instructor will be taking lectures, group discussions, case studies, exercises, and written assessments. You will be trained in the application of the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) and learn about the various principles for implementing Traffic Management Plans. Implement Traffic Management courses also cover legislative framework, responsibilities for worksite safety, definitions related to roadworks signing, and record keeping. Undergoing training, you will identify the different types of traffic control devices and understand their functions. Additionally, you will also understand how to implement traffic guidance schemes while working on the road.
- The practical lessons consist of three on-the-job training setups based on your current working condition. Here you will acquire new competencies and skills to implement a traffic guidance scheme to maintain traffic flow. The on-the-job training lessons will teach you how to maximise the safety of the public and workers.
What Are The Basic Requirements?
Candidates interested in this course must:
- Be 18 years of age
- Have overall language, literacy and numeracy skills with ACSF level 2
- Provide a valid Unique student identifier (USI)
- Hold a white card before the course
Things Required On The Training Day
Before starting with this course, you should understand the basic dress code policy. Candidates have to wear appropriate safety clothing to conduct the practical training session of the course.
Here are some of the required safety clothing:
- Safety boots (having steel caps)
- Full-length pants
- Hi-Vis shirt
- Safety gloves
- Photo ID
- Construction safety awareness (Blue/White) Card
- A valid Unique student identifier (USI)
- Completion Certificate from the Working in Proximity to Traffic Awareness Part 1 and 2